The Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter falls under the category network and modem. The software package for the device, represented by the file sp39403.exe 220.127.116.11, was made available for consumers on October 29, 2008. The driver is compatible with the following operating systems: Windows XP and Windows 2003. The software supports the following driver models: Atheros AR5007 802.11b/g WiFi Adapter, Atheros AR5006 802.11a/b/g WiFi Adapter, and Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter. The Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter complies with the 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g standards. These standards are set to carry out wireless local area network computer communication using the 2.4 GHZ, 3.6 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands. This Wi-Fi adapter device works like a wired network port on a laptop computer. However, this device uses radio waves instead of a wired Ethernet connection.
Wi-Fi adapters such as the Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter can convert the digital data from a computer into radio waves. The device then transmits this data across a secure connection to a wireless router or access point. A radio connection is then established using the 802.11a/g/n standards. Adherence to these standards allows multiple computers to be efficiently served using a single router/access point. This, in turn, creates a computer network that is completely wireless. Wi-Fi adapters allow users to connect to a network or to the Internet in any place where Wi-Fi is accessible. This technology is now currently taken advantaged of by businesses, such as restaurants, malls and coffee shops in order to attract more customers. These devices also free users from any physical constraint that may prevent them from accessing a network. The Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter and its adapter are provided by the company Atheros.
Download driver click link below:
sp39403.exe [ latest driver for Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter, 20.64M ]
- No additional prerequisites
- Released: 2008-06-20
- Version: 2.00 B
Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Starter, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Business (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (32-bit)
- #Fixes an issue that occurs on an AR5009 WLAN device where a black screen is displayed and the notebook stops responding (hangs) when WLAN transmission is at a high rate.
- # Fixes an intermittent issue where an ad-hoc network cannot be set up with the AR5009 wireless card.
- # Fixes an issue where the Microsoft Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework stops working in an ad-hoc operation with WPA2-AES security.
- # Fixes an issue where the Atheros WLAN driver hangs when "Enable Atheros connection settings" is selected.
- # Fixes an issue where the notebook cannot enter Standby mode and stops responding (hangs) when the battery power drops to the "low battery level".
- # Fixes an issue where the notebook cannot enter Critical Hibernation mode.
- # Fixes an issue where the notebook cannot enter Standby or Hibernation mode and then restart when using a docking station.
- # Fixes an issue where a "blue screen 0xFE" error is displayed when the notebook is restarted while connected to a docking station.
- # Fixes an intermittent issue where the notebook disconnects from the access point when using 802.11n.